Laminate casings are ideal for forming feature columns, bulkheads and hiding unsightly services within the internal envelope of a building.
Laminate casings are essentially pre-formed plywood profiles which are given an additional layer of postforming grade laminate bonded to their outer surface. Pre-formed plywood is manufactured by applying adhesive to thin sheets of wood veneer (also known as plies) and laying them in the centre of a rigid profiled tool (mould). It should be noted that the grain of each sheet of wood veneer is placed at right angles to adjacent layers for greater strength. The tool is heated whilst at the same time high pressure is applied by means of a large hydraulic press.
After a short curing period the material can be removed from the press and released from the tool. What results is a curved profile of high strength composite material or as we like to call it “Pre-formed Plywood”. This material is resistant to cracking, shrinking, twisting and warping. Once formed the shape is locked into the plywood for ever.
Postforming grade high pressure laminate finishes can be introduced into the tool prior to the pressing and curing process or alternatively can be bonded to the surface of the casing at a later stage using contact adhesive.
Laminate casings can be fixed to a suitable timber framework by means of a Proform aluminium secret fixing channel detail.
- Cost effective Casing Solution;
- Standard circular & Square profiles available (Please see the following sections for sizes and specification / design details);
- Alternative shapes/configurations are possible by mixing standard profiles ad/or inserting flat panels between profiles;
- Extended lengths and heights are achieved by connecting profiles together/staking;
- Large range of coloured, metallic, textured and woodgrain finishes available;
- Removes the need for site decoration / wet trades;
- High strength material which is easily cleaned;
- Hygienic and “class 1″ surface spread of flame laminates can be applied;
- Reduction in weight over other construction materials;
- Quick and easy to install;
- Installed using secret fixing solution;
- Site operatives can easily cut and trim casing profiles;
- Only suitable for internal applications;
- Casings can be purchased on a supply only or as a supply and fix package;
Please Note; Bespoke profiles / shapes such as ellipses can be manufactured dependent on the order being of a significant quantity & value. This is because of the economic factors relating to production tooling and setup costs. Please contact a member of our technical team to discuss the viability of this option.