This is a flat panel product manufactured from thermosetting resin homogeneously reinforced with cellulose wood fibres which are compressed together using very high pressures and temperatures. The surface of the panels are specially treated to provide a wide range of aesthetically pleasing colours and textures.
Material Properties & Characteristics
Panels are weather resistant, impervious to rain and can cope with extreme climatic conditions;
Material is dimensionally stable and its properties are not affected due to rapid fluctuations temperature or humidity;
The surface colour and core is resistant to UV / Sun Light. Colour will not change significantly for at least 10 years, even under severe weather conditions and/or as a result of air pollution;
- Cladding Panels are not susceptible to mould or rot;
- Core material is black making it ideal for the formation of black movement Joints / shadow gaps between panels;
- Material can be cut to size on site if necessary;
- Dependent on application panels can be modestly curved (Using 6mm thick Trespa) ;
- Panels are durable and easy to maintain.
- Material is robust and impact resistant.
Methods of Fixing
- Face fixed – Using colour coded / polyester powder coated mechanical fixings or rivets;
- Secret Fixed – Using either hanging rail system with clips fixed into the back of the trespa panel or using adhesives;
- Cladding panels can be fixed back to / supported on either a treated timber or metal subframe.
Finish & Colours
- Choose from a wide range of standard colours and textured finishes including metallics, woodgrain and stone effect. Special colours can be produced if the panels are orderd in large quantities. For more detailed information and to visit the Trespa website [click here]
Panel Size and thickness
Meteon can be purchased in the following sheet sizes from which smaller panels can then be cut (on or off site) to suit the required cladding design layout / pattern;
Standard Thickness; 8, 10, 13mm.
Sheet Size; 3650mm X 1860mm / 2550mm X 1860mm / 3050mm X 1530mm / 4270mm X 2130mm.